Páginas

FROM MOTHER TO DAUGHTER

There is no little girl in this world that hasn't played dress up in her mother's closet. When I was a child I used to spend hours adventuring into my mother's closet (I've had been in love with fashion since I can remember) and digging out pieces of clothing that seemed like a dream to me. I would try them on, put on some lipstick and dream of the woman I wanted to be someday. I felt like my mother when she dressed up for events, when actually I looked like a little dwarf with a huge piece of fabric tied on. 

Even though I don't play dress up anymore, I still find hidden treasures in my mom's closet. Timeless pieces that make me dream again. I recently found this Moschino jacket that I used to drool on every time my mom wore it. She passed it on to me saying that now I would give it better use than her. I had to to a post about it, not only to remember my childhood but also do honor to the amazing pieces of clothing (like this one) that go from mother to daughter and maybe so on and create an imaginable unique bond. 

No hay niña chiquita que no haya jugado alguna vez en el closet de su mamá. Cuándo yo era chica pasaba horas "aventurándome" en el closet de la mía (desde que tengo memoria he estado enamorada de la moda) y rescatando tesoros escondidos que eran como un sueño para mi. Me los probaba, me pintaba toda y soñaba con la mujer con la que algún día me gustaría ser. Me sentía como mi mamá cuando se arreglaba para algún evento, pero en verdad me veía ridícula.

Aunque ya no juego a arreglarme, sigo encontrando tesoros en el closet de mi mamá. Piezas atemporales que me recuerdan por que amo tanto la moda. Como este saco de Moschino con el cual se me caía la baba cada vez que mi mamá se lo ponía. Me lo regaló diciendo que ahora yo le daré mejor uso que ella. Tenía que hacer un post sobre el, no solo para recordar mi infancia pero también para hacerle honor a las piezas de ropa (como esta) que pasan de madre a hija y a lo mejor de ahí en adelante creando una complicidad y un recuerdo para siempre.








Jacket/Saco: Moschino Vintage
Skirt/Falda: BCBC Maxazria
Top: Armani Exchange
Earrings/Aretes: Chanel Vintage






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario